Here I am once again starting yet another new blog. I feel as though I must confess my sins in order to rid myself of any bad juju for the New Year. Allow me to ramble on for a minute or two here but before I get started, make sure you hop over and read My Deets!
It’s Been a Helluva Year
I know a lot of you probably had a rough year and are anxious for 2017 to sweep in and offering you good tidings, lots of money, and less time busting your ass!
I’ve had a rough year too quite frankly and I’d prefer not to relive 95% of it. Bad, right?
Let’s take a walk down the dark halls of my mind
My 2015 ended with Google laying the smack down on my previous x 2 blog. Who would have thought publishing sponsored content with outgoing links was a bad thing? Well, apparently, if you have too many outgoing links, you’re going to get your ass cracked because Google doesn’t like it. Instead of trying to salvage two (2) years of what was done, I decided to scrap the blog.
That’s right, I scrapped it!
Ya see, I figured I could spend hours upon hours trying to fix my blog and it may never ever again pass Google’s approval. There went my blog ranking. Right down the ole shitter.
So I created another blog
Sure! Why not! I knew what I shouldn’t do so let’s try again! I gave it a whole new name and look. I was excited about it……. for about 6 months. The passion wasn’t there. I pushed myself into making it work, however, found myself neglecting it more and publishing some pretty horrid content. I’m ashamed of that blog, minus the gorgeous theme.
For about a month, I contemplated the future of said blog. Just last week, I threw in the towel because I just didn’t have it in me. I’m not one to give up but why continue trying to do something you are not enjoying. Blogging should be fun and exciting, not like going to the dentist and having your wisdom teeth pulled.
And now the birth of yet another blog
And I remind myself….. Change Can Do A Mind and Soul Good!
A Year of Downers
This was an interesting year, to say the least.
2015 was the year of adding an addition to our family by rescuing a senior pit bull mix. I finally have the daughter I’ve always wanted and a brother for my son. My hubs lost his job for several months which led to some recovering of finances for the remainder of the year.
2016 was a more traumatic, emotional year.
- I had to find a new Dermatologist because of a change in my health insurance. Do you know how hard it is to find a Dermatologist in Delaware?
- I love my new Dermatologist. However, the visit left me with yet a few more cryosurgeries for potential skin cancers and a surgical removal of a precancer on my back.
- My journey into mid-life and menopause has escalated. I actually went 84-days without a cycle!
- A gained a new boss at my full-time employment. For the record, he rocks!
- My daughter underwent a lumpectomy on her abdomen. This was the first surgery either one of my furkids went through. It was traumatic, to say the least. Having a baby girl who wants is pain and can’t get comfy because the drains that were left in her. Then, having to rush her to an Emergency Veterinarian Hospital because of the swelling, bruising, and excessive bloody drainage FREAKED ME OUT to the MAXIMUM, only to find out it was normal.
- I finally had to break down and buy several pairs of reading glasses. After years of laughing at my hubs with his, my eyes have failed me.
- The change in my eyesight has made my Eye Doctor very happy as he has been trying to get me into bifocals for years! Bifocals? I’m not having them yet! Readers were a HUGE step!
- Our Home Sweet Home and it’s 2-years of leaking finally was replaced. Do you have any idea how much a shingled roof costs nowadays? Holy crap!
Ugh, isn’t that enough already? Yes, there are more bummers to the max but I want to focus on a few positives.
- My Web Design business Virtual Bren has taken off and is keeping me fairly busy, for part-time work.
- I scored a very nice raise at my full-time employment.
- I renewed my business license for another year.
- My health has been fairly well.
- My family has had some challenges but we continue to persevere.
Ya gotta take time to look at the positives, no matter how small they may be.
And here we are again
An almost New Year with a brand new blog!
Despite all the ups and downs of blogging in the past year and a half, the negatives which I survived and thrived, and the positives which I know will double or triple in 2017, I have to remember this one thing………
Change Can Do A Mind and Soul Good
If whatever you’re doing isn’t working for ya, it may be a good sign that Change is in your near future. Don’t Fear the Unknown. Don’t Fear Change. Change Can Do a Mind and Soul Good, don’t ya agree?
Time to push forward
I’m looking forward to bringing you snarky, humorous, down-to-earth posts and sharing content that you can relate to. I’m not setting any publishing schedule as I’m already juggling oodles of other things. It’s not possible for me to say “Ok chic. Time to sit down and write a post.” No, I have to be motivated to do it. I need to be able to share good content with you so that when you read it, you nod your head in agreement or disagreement. I want you to be want to leave your 2 or 3 cents below so we can engage and build a Community!
Yes, I’m needy and I want A LOT!
Going into 2017, I want all you Bloggers to know although there are rules of blogging out the ying-yang, do it YOUR way. Take every bit of advice you receive with a grain of salt. Do a little trial and error and find what works for YOU. There’s nothing wrong with going against the norm. As a matter of fact, there are many out there that love those who challenge the systems in place.
Whatever bad taste 2016 has left in your mouth, may the New Year bring you everything you wish for 🙂
So, what about you? What are you anxious to put behind you? What are you excited to make happen in 2017? Share it with us below. Let’s get to know one another and help boost each other up!